Each service is held on Epiphany Island, in the virtual world of Second Life. The service is usually offered in text and voice format.
After the service we have a time of fellowship where you can meet people from around the world. If you are new to Second Life you are most welcome! All service and activity times are provided in SL Time (which is the same as Los Angeles). Check out the World Clock meeting planner to work out the time in your location. To visit the Cathedral to attend a service click here. Hope to see you soon!
Anglicans of Second Life is Ten Years Old!
We are having a month of special events to celebrate this milestone. Do come and join us and bring your friends.
During the month there will be displays of photos from our history. Do take a look and see how things have changed over the years. If you’ve been a member for a long time, take a trip down memory lane.
Events currently planned are:
- Saturday 1 July 2-3pm. Canada Day dance hosted by our own Canadian superhero Captain Canuck!
- Sunday 9 July 12noon Sea Sunday service followed at 1pm onwards by fun and games as the sim is flooded. Come to swim, boat and play accompanied by suitable maritime music.
- Sunday 16 July Birthday Dance from 1-3pm at the Community Centre. Fairground rides, refreshments and more. Do come and join us.
- Other events may be added. Watch out for notices.
Regular services & activities:
Daily office prayer services — Held in the Meditation Chapel on the south side of Epiphany Island at the following times:
- Morning Prayer: Monday to Sunday at 12am
- Evening Prayer: Wednesday 12pm followed by Bible Study at 12.45pm
Bible study — Every Sunday at 10.30am a Bible Study is held at the benches just outside the Parish House (beside the large fountain and adjacent to the Cathedral).
Sunday worship — Held every week at 12pm in the Cathedral. The Sunday worship service includes a sermon and prayers. All welcome!