Each service is held on Epiphany Island, in the virtual world of Second Life. The service is usually offered in text and voice format.
After the service we have a time of fellowship where you can meet people from around the world. If you are new to Second Life you are most welcome! All service and activity times are provided in SL Time (which is the same as Los Angeles). Check out the World Clock meeting planner to work out the time in your location. To visit the Cathedral to attend a service click here. Hope to see you soon!
- On 31 December Helene announced that she is retiring from her position as Lay Pastor in mid-May, although hopes to keep some involvement in the ministry of AoSL in whatever way the Leadership Team feels appropriate. We are now consulting on the future course of our ministry and would like to hear from all members of AoSL and others with an interest in our community. We have therefore constructed a survey and would be grateful if you would complete it. https://epiphanysurvey.com
- There will be some meetings in world for those who would like to discuss our future in real time. The dates and times are yet to be decided.
- Sunday 21 January Special service for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity which runs 18-25 January
- Sunday 28 January Candlemas
Regular services & activities:
Daily office prayer services — Held in the Meditation Chapel on the south side of Epiphany Island at the following times:
- Morning Prayer: Monday to Sunday at 11pm
Bible study — Every Sunday at 10.30am a Bible Study is held at the benches just outside the Parish House (beside the large fountain and adjacent to the Cathedral).
Sunday worship — Held every week at 12pm in the Cathedral. The Sunday worship service includes a sermon and prayers. All welcome!