Welcome to the Anglican Cathedral of Second Life! Our vision is to build an Anglican church in Second Life which:
- is grounded in worship and prayer, seeking to be a bridge between our rich Anglican heritage and contemporary society.
- gives those involved in Second Life an opportunity to explore or deepen their faith in God, who loves them and seeks a relationship with them.
- encourages Christians from different countries and theological persuasions to work together to the glory of God.
- is a community which welcomes and serves others, and is known for its love and care.
- is recognized as an integral part of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
You can read our complete vision statement here.
A Ministry of Welcome
One of the guiding principles of our ministry is that of welcome and hospitality to all who visit here. All are welcome, regardless of creed or affiliation, to attend any of our services, or use any of our facilities for private prayer and meditation.
On the middle floor of our Community Center (behind the Cathedral) is a New Residents’ Center. This was designed to help those who may be new to Second Life to learn more about it. Here you will find dressing rooms, notecards to help you with various skills in-world, and landmarks for various places of interest in SL.
In addition, our community supports a ministry of welcome to our Cathedral and Epiphany Island. Our team of Cathedral Welcomers are very happy to answer any questions about us and what we do here, and show you around the island. For more information, you can check out the Cathedral Welcoming Team page here. If you are interested in becoming a Welcomer, please contact any member of the Leadership Team.
We hope you have an enjoyable visit to Epiphany Island. Our goal is for this to be a safe and welcoming environment within SL.
Keeping in touch
If you would like to receive updates on our events and services, you can join one of our “groups” in Second Life. Joining our main SL Group (Anglicans of Second Life) will enable you to receive all of our group notices and group IMs. If you would prefer to join our Subscribe-O-Matic Update Group (which does not take up a group slot) please touch the Update Group sign in front of the Peace Garden, north of the Cathedral, to register.
We depend entirely on volunteers to run the activities on Epiphany Island and on donations from the community and visitors to meet the land payments needed to maintain the sim. Any donation you can make is gratefully received. Donation fonts or baskets can be found in the Cathedral, Chapel, outside the Parish House and in the Conference Center.
Further information about Anglicans of Second Life can be found on the following pages. The content of these pages is currently being updated and so may not be as complete as you would hope. If there is specific information that you would like to see on these pages please contact me, Helene Milena, either in world or at ailsa[at]ailsa-wright.net
- Epiphany Rules of Behavior
- Second Life Etiquette on Epiphany Island
- Guidelines for Researchers
- Guidelines for use of Facilities on Epiphany Island by External Organizations
- Worship on Epiphany Island
- Prayer Support
- Pastoral Care and Counselling