Welcome to the Anglican Cathedral of Second Life! We are a distinctively Anglican church within the virtual world of Second Life with worship spaces, services and events which are open to all who wish to visit. Our vision is to build an Anglican church in Second Life which:
- is grounded in worship and prayer, seeking to be a bridge between our rich Anglican heritage and contemporary society.
- gives those involved in Second Life an opportunity to explore or deepen their faith in God, who loves them and seeks a relationship with them.
- encourages Christians from different countries and theological persuasions to work together to the glory of God.
- is a community which welcomes and serves others, and is known for its love and care.
- we hope will be recognized as an integral part of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
You can read our complete vision statement here.
What do we do?
We have changed and grown a lot since our Second Life ministry began in June 2007. Anglican worship services are held daily on Epiphany Island: in the cathedral or in our smaller Meditation Chapel. A weekly Bible study is held on Sunday mornings (in Second-Life Time), and other courses and discussion groups are occasionally hosted on the island.
Prayer doesn’t only happen during these times, though. Many people visit our worship spaces at all hours (we are always open!), and we have an active ministry of prayer support and pastoral care to the residents of Second Life.
How to Participate
At the moment the Cathedral is having a rebuild, but we hope you will stop by our temporary site and visit us sometime, either to join us in worship or enjoy the peace and quiet. We have prepared a Visitor’s Guide to the Cathedral and Epiphany Island and this will be updated when the new Cathedral is fully up and running. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the members of our Leadership Team, either in-world or through the contact information given on the Leadership Team page.
Our worship spaces, services and events are open to all who wish to visit. If you are not yet a resident of Second Life, you can learn more about it and register free at the official Second Life website.