The Lay Pastor
In addition to the responsibilities of being a Leadership Team member, the Lay Pastor…
- Is appointed by and for a period agreed by those with Episcopal oversight, after consultation with the Leadership Team.
- Must be Anglican, lay or ordained.
- Must be accountable to the bishop(s), and report to them on the ministry of Anglicans of Second Life. (There is currently no bishop to report to.)
- Liaises with Chair, Vice Chair, Churchwarden, Secretary and Treasurer to ensure correct procedures are followed and necessary work is completed.
- Gives authorization to those leading services.
- Provides one-to-one pastoral care of members.
- Reports to the community on decisions made by the Leadership Team
- Acts as the public face of Anglicans of Second Life, shared withChair, Vice Chair, Churchwarden or others, at conferences, interviews, etc.
- Communicates with other groups both within and without Second Life on behalf of Anglicans of Second Life.
He or she should also…
- Help each Leadership Team member to use their talents and interests in their work on the Leadership Team.
- Support key volunteers.
- Maintain an overview of all that is going on throughout Anglicans of Second Life.
- Foster a sense of coherence, unity and purpose.
- Participate in the life of Anglicans of Second Life, by attending bible studies, discussions, worship.