We are entering into the last week of our Community Survey Project. Starting at the Saturday Discussion Groups and continuing with discussions held after our services on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will invite community members to engage in conversations with the Leadership Team on a set of questions related to a particular theme each week. In addition, we have launched an online survey, also accessible on our blog. You are encouraged to visit this site to see the themes and questions for each week, and leave your thoughts and ideas in the Comments section. You may also contact any of the members of the Leadership Team and share your comments with them directly. For the next few weeks, we will dedicate our Tuesday and Thursday worship services to prayer for this process, as well as for personal prayer requests.
Community involvement and service – building God’s kingdom
- In what ways should we, as a church, be involved in the local community of SL?
- What should we do to listen to the world around us?
- How should we find out and draw upon the skills and gifts that church members bring from the whole of life?
- What do the sermons and intercession in Sunday worship say about how the church sees its relationship with the world around?
- Are there any particular areas of SL with which we feel called to engage?
- Are there particular groupings whom we are called to serve?
- Can we develop our Epiphany Island to be a resource for the wider community?
- Can we engage with others in order to meet the needs of the people of SL?