I’d like to share with you the current status of the Anglicans of SL financial situation. As you may know, each month we have set a donation goal amount equivalent to one month’s tier payment. We have brought in an average of 84% of our monthly goal amounts for the past six months. The donations have risen a bit within the past three months, to an average of 92% of our monthly goals. We have been encouraged by this, and have been working hard to develop offerings that will bring in more community members and encourage further financial support of our ministry. We weren’t quite where we wanted to be in terms of financial stability, but we felt we were in pretty good shape.
Yesterday we learned of some news that casts a very different light on things. An announcement was made on the SL blog regarding land pricing for educational and non-profit land owners. Currently, Linden Lab allows these organizations to purchase and maintain private region sims for half the price as that charged to other retail customers. It was announced yesterday that this special pricing will end on December 31, 2010, after which time these organizations will be billed at the regular price. This will, in effect, double our donation goals.
We are on a yearly billing cycle with Linden Lab, and our next payment will come due in June 2011. As of the end of September, we had collected 53% of our yearly donation goal*. With the news of the upcoming price hike, we now stand at 26.5% of our revised goal. We now have eight months to make up the remaining 73.5%. Our previous monthly goal of $39,350L (the equivalent of our current monthly tier fee of $147.50 USD) will increase to $78,700L ($295.00 USD).
The Leadership Team remains committed to maintaining our ministry presence in SL, and our home on Epiphany Island. It will be challenging, and it will require the help of our supporters within and beyond the SL community. If you currently support our ministry with financial contributions, you have our heartfelt gratitude. If you are in a position to increase your level of financial support, we (and the community we serve) would deeply appreciate it. If you have not yet made a financial contribution, we ask you to prayerfully consider doing so. As a reminder, Anglicans of SL is a completely volunteer run organization, and 100% of your contributions go directly to maintaining our virtual facilities within Second Life. You may make your donations inworld using the donation fonts and baskets located around Epiphany Island, or if you prefer, you may make monthly subscription payments using Paypal.
We value all of our community members, of course, regardless of their ability to make financial contributions. In addition to our appeal for increased donations, we are open to considering other methods of raising the funds needed to support our ministry. If you have any thoughts, ideas and or leads for us on this, I encourage you to share them with us, either by adding your comments to this post, or contacting any of the Leadership Team members directly. As always we value your feedback, and your continued prayers for our ministry work in SL.
* For more on the variance between our current monthly and yearly goals, see the April-June Quarterly Financial Report