As a result of the extensive survey of the community carried out last Lent, the issue of communication was highlighted. Since that time we have worked to improve communication as much as possible. One improvement is the installation of whiteboards which can be easily updated with the day’s services or any alterations. We continue to use the blog and Facebook for notices as well as sending out notecards.
In addition we commit to:
- Publishing the Leadership Team agenda ahead of time to help the community to contribute ideas or comments.
- Publishing details of discussions in the Leadership Team, monthly.
- Publishing quarterly financial statements plus details of efforts on fundraising.
- Informing the community of any changes in personnel or the roles they fulfil, and why the changes have happened.
- Informing members of any changes on the island, either planned or in an emergency and consulting where possible.
- Keeping all our noticeboards and notecards up to date.
- Informing members about meetings with outside groups such as our advisory group.
- Keeping the community up to date on work on the constitution and the theology group.
- Encouraging members to approach any of the Leadership Team members if they have any issue they wish to discuss.
- Being available on Epiphany as regularly as our commitments allow.
- Responding to contact from members clearly and visibly.