This week we will be continuing our Community Survey Project. Starting at the Saturday Discussion Groups and continuing with discussions held after our services on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will invite community members to engage in conversations with the Leadership Team on a set of questions related to a particular theme each week. In addition, we have launched an online survey, also accessible on our blog. You are encouraged to visit this site to see the themes and questions for each week, and leave your thoughts and ideas in the Comments section. You may also contact any of the members of the Leadership Team and share your comments with them directly. For the next few weeks, we will dedicate our Tuesday and Thursday worship services to prayer for this process, as well as for personal prayer requests.
Pastoral Care and fellowship
- How far does the Cathedral function as an organisation that people are invited to join or as a community to which they can belong and make their contribution?
- How far does our communication help people to belong?
- Is this a place where people go to find somewhere to be honest, to share pain, joy, doubts and fears; or are we all too nice to dare to do anything like that?
- Is this a place where people can be real about themselves and discover their gifts, finding a sense of vocation and freedom to offer what they can rather than fit in with what is required?
- Is this a place where we can do a good job of celebrating our joys and sharing our sorrows? Are laughter and tears welcomed or avoided?
- How effective is our pastoral care for those inside the church?
- How effective is our pastoral care for those we encounter through occasional services, meetings etc?
- How well do we deal with those who come with a particular need?
- Is pastoral care still the province of the priest-in-charge or are there effective structures for the sharing of this responsibility in the church?