As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Leadership Team is undertaking a survey of the members of the Anglicans in SL Community to assess how well we are serving your needs, and to gather your thoughts, ideas and visions for the future of the Anglican Cathedral and Epiphany Island.
This week marks the kickoff of our Community Survey Project, which will run for the next five weeks. Starting at the Saturday Discussion Group and continuing with discussions held after each of our scheduled services (except for Compline and Wednesday Worship), we will invite community members to engage in conversations with the Leadership Team on a set of questions related to a particular theme each week. You are encouraged to visit this site to see the themes and questions for each week, and leave your thoughts and ideas in the Comments section. You may also contact any of the members of the Leadership Team and share your comments with them directly. For the next few weeks, we will dedicate our Tuesday and Thursday worship services to prayer for this process, as well as for personal prayer requests.
Worship – our encounter with God
- How does/should our worship
- Nourish us and enrich our encounter with God?
- Help us to grow as disciples?
- How effective is our worship as a shop window for those who come to share with us?
- Are our service bulletins easy to follow?
- Are there particular acts of worship we need to provide in and for the community? Eg Bereaved, healing services, seasonal.
- What should we do to be sensitive to needs as they arise?
- How does our worship space serve our worship and does it need to change?
- Are there occasions when we need to take worship out of the Cathedral? When and where to?