Spiritual Connections, Experiencing the Holy Spirit In Second Life
An Episcopal Church & Visual Arts in SL (ECVA-SL) Exhibition
Gareth Janus, Curator
This exhibition conveys the personal Second Life experiences of connection to the Holy Spirit whilst in Second Life. Whether through community, the environment, or simply in the form of self expression, this exhibit reflects the individual and unique ways we make a spiritual connection in Second Life.
Dates of show June 30th – September 30th
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2008
Location: The Anglican Cathedral in Second Life, Epiphany Island
Mediums: textures (art/photography) * builds * machima (hosted elsewhere e.g. YouTube)
Participants: This is open to group members of ECVA-SL and/or the Anglican Church in Second Life group members. There is no cost to join or show in the exhibit.
Contacts: SPIRITUAL CONNECTIONS Curator: Gareth Janus
ECVA-SL Chapter Leader: Trudy Takacs
ECVA-SL and The Anglican Church in Second Life Liaison: Cady Enoch
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
1. Submissions are now being accepted for SPIRITUAL CONNECTIONS, EXPERIENCING THE HOLY SPIRIT IN SECOND LIFE, an exhibition that will be displayed within the available space for ECVA-SL on Epiphany Island, from June 30th, 2008, through September 30th, 2008. The submissions deadline is June 15th , 2008.
2. All submissions will be considered.
3. Artists may submit up to three (3) entries. Please use one entry form for each submission.
4. All submissions should allow full permissions (allow anyone to copy, etc.) for the show preparation, the piece will be locked after installation. We will not offer submissions for sale during the Exhibition.
5. Images: Images should be submitted on a prim and not measure bigger than 3m x 2 m.
Builds: Builds should not be bigger than 20 prims.
Machinima: Machinima submissions will be hosted elsewhere e.g. YouTube, ECVA web site, therefore, we ask that you include an image as the representative piece for display purposes.
6. Each entry must include title, medium, date created, and size (if applicable).
7. Digital photos of each piece will be taken by us for possible use on the ECVA and/or Anglican Church in SL web sites. If you prefer, you can e-mail a digital photo of your finished piece to: Trudy.Takacs@g-mail.com.
8. Please include a statement about what influenced you whilst creating the images submitted.
9. Please include your artist name and/or avatar name, any desired contact information, concise background information including your church/faith community. This information will appear on the exhibition note cards, so please include the information as you want it to appear.
10. By submitting entries for this exhibition, you agree that we may use the images on the ECVA Web site (www.ecva.org), in printed and visual promotional material produced by ECVA, on The Worship Well, our partner Web site (www.theworshipwell.org), in the ECVA Newsletter, and Episcopal Cafe (www.episcopalcafe.com), as well as in the Anglican Church in Second Life materials and Web site (https://slangcath.wordpress.com/).
11. The selection of work for the exhibit will be at the discretion of the Curator, Gareth Janus.
12. Deadline for submissions is June 15, 2008.
13. To submit art, please drop the piece(s) in the profile of Trudy Takacs, or e-mail her: Trudy.Takacs@gmail.com.
The mission of The Episcopal Church and Visual Arts (ECVA) is to encourage artists, individuals, congregations, and scholars to engage the visual arts in the spiritual life of the church. ECVA values the significance of visual imagery in spiritual formation and the development of faith, and creates programs to support those who are engaged in using the visual arts in spiritual life.
To view ECVA Exhibitions, go to http://ecva.org/archives.htm
Spiritual Connections, Experiencing the Holy Spirit In Second Life, Curator: Gareth Janus
ECVA-SL Chapter Leader: Trudy Takacs
ECVA-SL, The Anglican Church in Second Life Liaison: Cady Enoch